Covid Vaccine Update
Firstly, we would like to say that we do appreciate all the enquiries and interest we have been receiving from all of you. We are all excited to hear that there is real progress on a Covid vaccine and that this should improve the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- Some hospitals have now received the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine and have started to vaccinate patients. The hospitals are sending out invitations to the patients they are able to vaccinate.
- The vaccine will be made available for groups of general practices and will initially be delivered from central sites such as St Charles Hospital.
- We are waiting to hear the delivery date of local vaccines which is expected at the end of December 2020.
- We have to follow strict government guidelines which tell us which group of patients to vaccinate first.
- We will contact you if you are eligible for a vaccine when we know what date the vaccine is available for you.
- It is essential, if you are given a vaccine, that you return for the second part of the vaccination on the date that you are advised to.
- Please do not telephone us to ask when or if you are going to get a Covid Vaccine. We will contact you individually if and when you are invited to have one and will keep this website updated with as much information as we can.
- We have many patients to vaccinate so we ask for your patience as we work through this vaccination programme which will last well into 2021.
Meanwhile, we all need to keep to the advice of hand-washing, face masks and social distancing but we all look forward to the time when we will return to life as normal.
Please click the link below for access to a leaflet about the coronavirus vaccine.
Thank you for your patience and keep safe
Published: Dec 21, 2020